Thanks to Beadie, I had a major craving for lasagna or something similar. I went to the grocery store after work and got supplies for multiple dinners for the week, including everything for an Italian pasta concoction. There are multiple “Skillet Lasagna” recipes out there, and all of the ones that I’ve tried were ok, but nothing to rave about. Whatever it was that I did to dinner tonight was different than other attempts! It was delicious!
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 (16 oz) box Ronzoni Smart Taste Rotini
1 jar marinara sauce (any type)
15 oz. fat free ricotta cheese
2 c. reduced fat Italian Blend shredded cheese
2 c. water
2 tsp. garlic powder
In a large pan, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the jar of sauce and heat through. Next, add the pasta and water (2 c. is an estimate, it may take more to cover the pasta) and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and cook until pasta is cooked through. While the pasta is cooking, mix together in a separate bowl the ricotta, garlic powder, and half the shredded cheese. Once the pasta is finished cooking, spoon the ricotta into the pasta mixture and stir gently. Top with remaining cheese and heat until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Like I said, it was great! All the taste of lasagna or baked pasta without heating up the kitchen! I’ll be making this again for sure, and eating leftovers for days!
Santa Barbara Dreaming “tagged” me in a meme! I’m excited because I finally have blogger friends to tag back!
In case you don’t know, the rules of “tagging” are:
-link the person that tagged ya and post the rules
-share seven random/weird facts about yourself
-tag seven people at the end of your post and link them
-let each person know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
So, here goes, 7 random things about me:
- My nose is pierced! I got it done when I was 24 after wanting it for as long as I can remember. I was always envious of my Indian friends who got to get their noses pierced, so I finally did it 4 years ago. I’ll be leaving the stud in for my wedding!
- I drive stick shift and have since I was 16. I think driving an automatic transmission is boring.
- I have an uncanny ability to text and drive. People usually don’t know I’m driving when I’m texting or messaging them, and I would post on my blog from my phone if it were compatible.
- I once played Halo 3 at a LAN party with my fiance and 7 of his friends. I sucked royally, but I got really good at running into walls.
- I like pink. A lot. I have a pink water bottle, pink laptop shell, pink laptop bag, a pink coat, a pink camera case, and a pink Polar F6 HRM.
- I go to a grocery store that’s so big that it takes me 20 minutes to walk the perimeter. When I grocery shop there, I count it as activity!
- I love to crochet! I make scarves, blankets and hats every winter for just about everyone around. Let me know if you want one! I’ll be more than happy to trade a scarf for oh, interesting bars or butters 🙂
Thats it! Randomness about me! Now, who to tag:
Beadie over at What I Ate Yesterday
Jenna at Eat, Live, Run
Krista at Kristas Kravings
Melissa at Tales of a Disordered Eater
Heather at HangryPants
Tag! You’re it!